Don't Be a Quitter
Episode #033 Host: Tammy J. Bond
This year, we’re not just celebrating the New Year, we’re celebrating NOT quitting on Quitter’s Day! In this episode of Playing in the Sandbox, I’m digging into Quitter’s Day and how we can shift our perspective toward behavior changes that stick. On that note, we’re going to talk about framing our yearly reviews to help our team members get excited about changing their mindsets so they can accomplish great things.
- Coming up with a “New Year's Resolution” isn’t enough. We have to create a clear vision of the outcome we want to achieve over a longer timeline.
- Don’t fall victim to the “new year” hype! Get excited about changing behaviors and mindset - that’s an excitement that lasts.
- It’s time for our yearly reviews. When we set clear expectations and KPIs, we can help our team members grow, strengthening our team.
- Most people think that meeting all their needs will help them feel “free,” but there is a lot of freedom in embracing your “wants.”
- Don’t forget to look inward! When you’re being held back, look into your past to help open up your future.
Playing In The Sandbox Podcast is brought to you by Tammy J. Bond
In today's swift-moving employee market leaders are far too often putting people that are technically good at their jobs into leadership positions, without first developing them on how to be leaders of people.
How do you course correct, or better yet make sure you don’t make that common mistake? Develop your people to lead others from the moment they join your team. For more tools on how to develop others around you, contact us today.