One of These Things Just Doesn't Belong
Episode #034 Host: Tammy J. Bond
Who are you as a manager? In today’s episode of Playing in the Sandbox, I will take you through the 3 M’s of management. And, spoiler alert, one of these things is not like the others! So grab your pen and paper, write down some takeaways, and figure out which one of the 3 M’s just doesn’t belong in your management style!
- Mentoring is an amazing tool that can elevate the success of your team. Spreading your wealth of knowledge strengthens your organization at all levels.
- Effective mentoring empowers people through building supportive relationships. Mentors build trust with their mentees, encouraging them to be curious, ask for help, and reach their potential.
- Mindset influences everything you do, for better or worse! Through your actions and behavior, your mindset is transferable to your team.
- If you want to develop your team culture, evaluate and define your mindset. Embracing a growth mindset will encourage continuous learning and resiliency on your team.
- Micromanaging is something that many managers do. In short-term situations, micromanagement can be okay. In the long term, however, it leads to burnout, loss of trust, and team turnover!
- Part of the manager’s job is to keep their eyes on the big picture. When you focus on the day-to-day, you can’t focus on outcomes, leading to big-scale problems!
Playing In The Sandbox Podcast is brought to you by Tammy J. Bond
In today's swift-moving employee market leaders are far too often putting people that are technically good at their jobs into leadership positions, without first developing them on how to be leaders of people.
How do you course correct, or better yet make sure you don’t make that common mistake? Develop your people to lead others from the moment they join your team. For more tools on how to develop others around you, contact us today.