The Power of Pause
Episode #025 Host: Tammy J. Bond
Navigate team meetings, bold conversations, and tense moments with ease through well-timed pauses! In today’s episode of Playing in the Sandbox, I want to share the Power of Pause with you. When you have the emotional awareness to know how to apply it, you can avoid having your thinking hijacked by tension or frustration.
- Even though “hitting the pause button” might seem simple, simple actions can be the most powerful.
- When emotions are high, taking a pause gives you an opportunity to ask questions that helps you unlock why you are triggered and how to move toward a solution.
- Taking a pause can give you time to reevaluate your perspective – you might realize you agree on more than you thought.
- A pause gives you a moment to take a breath to help regulate your brain. When you’re dysregulated because of frustration or irritation, you might be more reactive than usual.
- You are responsible for your behavior – even when you’re triggered! Slow things down or the people you connect with might leave that interaction feeling confused, bruised, and misused.
Playing In The Sandbox Podcast is brought to you by Tammy J. Bond
In today's swift-moving employee market leaders are far too often putting people that are technically good at their jobs into leadership positions, without first developing them on how to be leaders of people.
How do you course correct, or better yet make sure you don’t make that common mistake? Develop your people to lead others from the moment they join your team. For more tools on how to develop others around you, contact us today.