What is Your Inconsistency Costing You?
Episode #023 Host: Tammy J. Bond
If you’re worried about the state of your team, it might be time to hold up the mirror and see if the inconsistency in your leadership is the culprit. In this episode of Playing in the Sandbox, I’m going to walk you through the costs of inconsistency so you can understand the significance of being consistent and increase the overall health of your team.
Here are a few of the topics we’re going to cover:
- Consistent leadership promotes team accountability, enhances communication, improves team performance, and encourages feelings of safety and trust.
- Inconsistency leads to a lack of clarity. Communication breaks down, expectations aren’t understood, and team members can often feel like they are in a toxic environment.
- If you’re making decisions based on personal preferences or whims rather than objective criteria, others may lose confidence in your decision-making abilities.
- Your fear of losing quality employees may be driving your inconsistency, but this may be, in fact, causing the problem you’re trying to avoid.
- If your lack of confidence is driving your consistency, this trickles down onto your employees, causing stress, lack of motivation, and poor morale.
- To cultivate consistency, embrace an agile leadership style, ask members of your organization about your actions, cultivate a growth mindset, and harness available data to influence and empower you.
Playing In The Sandbox Podcast is brought to you by Tammy J. Bond
In today's swift-moving employee market leaders are far too often putting people that are technically good at their jobs into leadership positions, without first developing them on how to be leaders of people.
How do you course correct, or better yet make sure you don’t make that common mistake? Develop your people to lead others from the moment they join your team. For more tools on how to develop others around you, contact us today.